Draw Bias drivers

Look for answers to your equipment questions here

Moderators: parteeboy, ssp, jick, w2, xxio, Jack aMMo, judaschylde, leftys59, golpher, Dandy, temiatwork, weed_whacker, tjgato, qt_arvin

Draw Bias drivers

Postby VforVendetta » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:16 pm

Need help guys. What drivers have you used or are still using that are Draw Biased? Looking to get one.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
V
The easiest shot is the best shot. - Lee Trevino
TM Burner 10.5
Honma Big Titan 3W
Ping G10 3H
Ping G10 5-SW
Callaway Jaws LW, Bridgestone Precept AW
Ping PAL 4
VforVendetta

Re: Draw Bias drivers

Postby MGB » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:24 pm

I fight a hook so I'm probably the wrong person to answer this but try the Ping K15. It's draw biased and really easy to hit.
For the love of the game

MGB
Site Admin

Postby Egan101 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:27 am

You can always get an R9 420, R9 Supertri, or R11 and tinker around with MWT and FCT. That's a whole lot of options. :D
Bridgestone J40 445 10.5* - Project X 5.0
Tour Edge Exotics CB3 16.5* - Motore Tour80
Adams Idea Pro A12 23* - Aldila RIP'd VS Proto
Bridgestone J36 PC (4-PW) - KBS Tour
Nike VR 52/10 & 58/10 - DG
Mizuno-Bettinardi BC1 355g
Egan101

Postby Shambles » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:56 am

Just put your Driver on the table with the head freely hanging over the edge, or balance the club on your fingers. You should see the face facing up to differing degrees. The more it faces up, the more draw biased it is. Choose your poison. The rest of your decision is dependent upon your brand bias, whatever feel you get from holding the club and if the club's looks suit your eye.

Shambles
Shambles

Postby Dimplewhack » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:06 am

I think that most commercial brand drivers i.e. TM and Callaway have draw bias. Even the clubs marked as "neutral" still have a closed face. My Callaway is 0.5 to 1 degree closed but it is marked "neutral." I think TM is the same or has more draw bias except for the TP series.

Dimplewhack's Bag
Driver: Callaway FT-5 10 / TS ViQ 9.5 Graman UL 640
Wood: Maruman Exim Nano 16 deg
Hybrids: TS ViQ 19 & 22 deg
Irons: Mizuno MX-25 5-GW NSPro 950s
Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM 56 deg
Putter: Ping Anser 2i / Mizuno 0802
Dimplewhack

Postby aapgolfer » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:06 pm

all non-tour version of callaway drivers that are currently on the racks are most likely draw bias, together with Taylormade burner 2.0 non- TP version....
aapgolfer

Postby MGB » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:53 pm

MGB wrote:I fight a hook so I'm probably the wrong person to answer this but try the Ping K15. It's draw biased and really easy to hit.

The Burner Superfast 2.0 is also draw biased and is one of the lightest clubs in it's class. Another one you should try.
For the love of the game

MGB
Site Admin

Postby VforVendetta » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:15 pm

Thanks guys! Will look into these suggestions.
V
The easiest shot is the best shot. - Lee Trevino
TM Burner 10.5
Honma Big Titan 3W
Ping G10 3H
Ping G10 5-SW
Callaway Jaws LW, Bridgestone Precept AW
Ping PAL 4
VforVendetta

Postby xxio » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:43 pm

Manufacturing tolerances can affect how an end product comes out. I think the tolerance is +/- 1.5 degrees on Face Angle.

You have to hold the actual product to be sure. Baka naman sobra rin.

There are two ways to get draw bias.

Closed face=draw.

or

Internal weighting= more (extreme) weight on heel side = draw

Draw bias..... Shambles is correct setting on the table will show the amount of draw bias. Most drivers even ones will square face angles will point upward. Physics.

Best way to check is to set in on the ground against the intersection where tiles meet. The reason for this is some sole designs (some inadvertently) have lent themselves to "sitting closed". The most obvious example would be the TM R460, even the TP will sit a little closed. This is because the port holes where the weight ports are on the heel area will naturally shut the club when set down. Design flaw? Maybe, the way most pros solved it and could still keep playing that model would be to grind off a bit of the material/metal on the MWT port area. I think that problem may have actually been the source for the technology of the ASP in the R11. That may not be an issue if you do not ground your driver.

Internal weighting. Personally I think face angle does a lot more than internal weighting when it comes to affecting ballflight. However I do prefer a square face angle with draw weighting over a closed face angle because I belong to the school that we should all learn to hit it on a more or less square swingpath. Having a square FA is the best way to learn that.

Of course my right eye dominance makes me think everything is closed and makes me aim to the right.
xxio

Return to Golf Equipment